Wednesday, December 31, 2008

GO VOTE....RIGHT NOW....PLEASE!!!!

In my sidebar there is a "vote now" button. This is VERY important. There is a law being written that states that after August 2009 it will be illegal to have a handmade item for a child under the age of 12 in our great United States. This includes toys, clothing, booties, blankets....anything you basically find on ETSY for kids and babies. We will not be able to give handmade gifts for showers, birthdays or holidays. The law was written to protect us from lead and other imported nasties. Obviously it needs to be rewritten. I will move to Canada if this law goes through. I cannot imagine my personal world without handmade items. Please go vote so we can change this law. It is very important to me and many other Mom's across this country!!!

1 comment:

Trent Humphreys family said...

That is a horrible law...I can't believe it! No one should be allowed to take away our rights to buy or sell anything especially something handmade. You know, I truly feel that when women went to work in the 1960's the art of homemaking was diminished. Now look at the mess we've created in our world...Homemaking is making a comeback because people are realizing how important it is and was. Thanks for taking a stand!!